Information Collected Automatically
During your visit as you browse through our website, read pages, or download information, we automatically collect and store the following anonymous information about your visit:
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit on our site;
- If you navigate to our site by clicking a link, the location of that link;
- The technical capabilities of the computer you use to access our site;
- The internet service provider you use to connect to our site (for example “companyX.com” if you have a commercial internet account, or “universityX.edu” if you connect from a university); and
- The IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet) from which you access our site.
We use this information, in the aggregate, to make our website more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology used, to detect operational problems, and to improve the website’s overall security.